Back up plans so damn important

Ha..ha..ha..

I made a peanut out of myself. 

Throughout the last week, I had so many opportunities to organize a gala Lohri night and see here I was.

Gasping, what to do.

In fact, by seven in the evening I was pretty sure that we were joining that central park gathering in our society, but when my hubby dear started cribbing just after returning from his hospital, I realized something drastic had happened to spoil sport.

I frantically checked with the neighbors and got to know that each one of them had their own plans and none was as unprepared as we were.

In fact, what actually happened was that somebody had died in a flat adjacent to that celebration spot and it seemed inappropriate to the organizing members to carry on with the original plans. 

It had never happened in all these years but unfortunately it had to happen when we pitched in.

I hardly expected this so I had no back up plan to fall on and the hubby was mad. He was furious. 

This was the main festival every Punjabi waits for.

Oh! News to me!

Punjabis just need a reason to eat, drink, spend, splurge and make merry and they need occasion or no occasion for that. They are always ON.

Well my mind started doing overtime.

Chicken came out of the freezer. It was icy cold and could not behave normal before two hours.

Snacks were ready so we broke a spare door kept on the terrace for repairs and broken it into small tiny pieces because this was not the time to go timber shopping.

Tiny wood pieces were gathered from every nook and corner and made a little way for my spring cleaning also. We gathered everything together on the terrace in that windy chilly cold night (which was actually evening but seemed like night) and using some spirit, set the fire.

Hurray!

I was skeptical.

Had my mother-in-law was here, she could have surely gone crazy seeing us setting the auspicious fire with spirit, which is generally done with cotton, mustard oil and camphor etc.

Everything tastes delicious in a cold night around a bonfire with your loved ones.

The amber were cozy warm. We couldn't let the energy go waste. 

We put two big potatoes in between to roast which we will relish hot in the morning.

Yummy!

Splutter…splatter…this is what made us open our eyes in the dark morning.

It was raining outside. 

Real rain. 

Big cold drops of water coming from the heaven. 

God sent. 

Heaven was so generous on us, but why?

Our Potatoes!

Hot Roasted Potatoes!

What happened to them!

Oh No!

One more plan failed.

Dripping black potatoes were dug out of the ashes and buried in the dustbin.

One more expectation foiled. 

Never mind I am used to it.

When one plan fails, it gives a reason to our mind to search for more information with which we can make a substitute plan super ready.

Just we need to have our antennae ready to receive the signals of go ahead plans.

I am always open to spoiled plans; they give me more to ponder about.

What about you?






Comments

Trending-

हर दिए का दिन आता है

Most Women With Small Income Are Likely to Become Entrepreneurs | Women Business

Why Should You Keep Karva Chauth Fast?

Panic Attacks: Strategies To Cope When Panic Strikes

Is it Not a Best time to Start your YouTube Channel!

How wishes come true?

Delhi getting colder

Do You Wish To Settle Your Children Abroad or Stay With You?