Delhi getting colder

I move.

No.

Do I say I shiver?

Yes. I am shivering so I am moving. I am not moving ever since this winter has attacked full on in Delhi and I seem to be the most affected, I suppose.

People are roaming around even in their half sleeves but I can’t even imagine myself without my four sweaters, one jacket, two layers of lowers, caps, gloves and socks to be the least items covering me from head to toe.

A few days back, I saw a lady in Metro, in a half sleeves dress and seeing her left me in cold but this time I didn't react because I knew she was well off to afford a sweater and she was not in that strata of 'poor lady not having anything warm' types so I ignored.

But last year, I literally made a mistake of melting on seeing a girl without socks  and sweater and I somehow felt pity on her.

I removed my socks and sweater and stretched to offer them to that girl. She thanklessly and mercilessly took them and threw in the nearest dustbin available. I got shock of my life. My pretty pink socks were very adorable. 

It got to me that not everybody experiences weather and especially Delhi's cold weather - the way I do. So no unsolicited helping hands of socks and sweaters ever.

Whenever any talks, such as old-age (read - shivering in cold despite all the layering up and down and being lazy in layers) springs up, my husband is the first one to comment, ‘none of your fault, don’t worry? Age has got you. it’s all because of getting old.’

A sudden rush of energy gets me and I just check the mirror twice again to get his point (which is wrong anyway, I know).

I think it’s because of my winter birth and all the kids who get born in winters may be.

I noticed most of the people who are born in winters are layered up on hearing a slight down of temperature in newspapers and hearing it on TV.

May be, because when we were born in winter, our mothers and everybody around us at the time of our birth must have imagined that we were not crying due to getting into an alien land out of our mothers' tomb …I mean …womb but because of cold and there this exercise of layering started- covering us all up and down and keeping us heated which got seriously into us.

And see; now they left us so helplessly in cold. Now those people only call us lazy when the TV people are showing that the world is attacked by ICE AGE.

Sometimes I even feel that a lot of weather gets into us because of this TV and newspaper weather UPDATES thing all the time.

You are pretty okay in your one blanket and suddenly the TV channel flashes on screen how people are fighting cold in open and how they are confronting the shivers in icy cold nights. 

Now, we are perfectly in front of our heater in our cozy warm blanket but all of a sudden we start feeling the chills and we reach rather plead for another blanket to survive on the cold shown by weather men on TV.

And believe me this most happens on holidays only because on weekdays we charge up as who has time to check the weather and no weather news – so there is no effect on us.

We start the usual day without being bothered about hot or cold because work is work and we know that the boss anyway will not like this idea of weather forecast when targets have to be met and deadlines will leave us dead so we better get ready to get going and layering has no room when boss is around - be it office or home.




Comments

Trending-

हर दिए का दिन आता है

Most Women With Small Income Are Likely to Become Entrepreneurs | Women Business

Why Should You Keep Karva Chauth Fast?

Panic Attacks: Strategies To Cope When Panic Strikes

Is it Not a Best time to Start your YouTube Channel!

How wishes come true?

Do You Wish To Settle Your Children Abroad or Stay With You?