Parenting : Answer to all questions

My nine year old son is a googlebox. Oh I tell you, he's always questioning. About this,that or anything and everything.

?


I know that kids learn by asking and we must answer all their questions but wait. Are we parents really able to answer them Always and anyway do we really need to Answer them Always

No

I don't agree with answering them always because that way we feed them with answers. Won't it be more appropriate if they find the answers themselves?

Till now, I used to provide or give answers to all questions hurled on me by my kids. Then, I started discussing them but lately I realized it's more important that they understand and reflect what is being filled as answers in them rather than me answering them always.

So, when a question is batted on me now, I counter question about that thing. He scratches his head a little bit and starts relating things and by linking the answers we together reach on the final answer.

For example,lately he asked me a complicated form of sewage room control system; I asked what is a sewer;he didn't get; I asked what is a drain-he explained;I asked what is a room; what is control and then what is a system. We broke the whole definition into four different parts. Then I asked him to link them together and added some more details in between. He done that and meanwhile he explained and related new terms to me too. 

I was delighted and I found that kids always don't need answers. They need questions, too.

Comments

Trending-

हर दिए का दिन आता है

Most Women With Small Income Are Likely to Become Entrepreneurs | Women Business

Why Should You Keep Karva Chauth Fast?

Panic Attacks: Strategies To Cope When Panic Strikes

Is it Not a Best time to Start your YouTube Channel!

How wishes come true?

Delhi getting colder

Do You Wish To Settle Your Children Abroad or Stay With You?