Stepping stone

A few months back, I just took a break from work to relax and to plan many other things which I had been postponing in the course of my professional commitments. I made a list of many things which had to be done. And one thing which I thought I should get fixed was my so called wisdom tooth on the right side of my jaw. Though, I had no major problem with my wisdom tooth and my jaw but I forethought to get it fixed before I am old enough and catch other deadly diseases and I might not be able to concentrate fully on my dear tooth.

WWWWWWWW
MMMMMMMMMM

To prove to be last nail on the coffin, I was also persuaded to take this decision as my dear husband works in a state run hospital and therefore I took it granted that doctors would be good enough and I would be taken good care of.

Anyway, that D-day arrived, and I very confidently went to the senior most dentist/dental surgeon of the department. After an OPG (X-ray of my big mouth) he took decision to take that tooth out. I was given antibiotics for two days and after that on the assigned day, one senior resident took my mouth in her hands. One nurse and one nursing orderly were also present. Besides, there was one more male senior resident but he was there just to observe. Anyway, my dear lady surgeon put many rounds of anesthesia in my mouth and jaw. After that she put herself in chiseling my tooth. 

It was horrible. It seemed all those present there tried their hands on my mouth. They hammered and banged all kinds of tools on my tooth and after more than one hour just pulled it out. It was very difficult to explain anything anymore. Tears rolled down from my eyes but due to certain social constraints I had to thank them.

Following week was full of blood and pain in my mouth. The throat was swollen and it was difficult to swallow anything. After a week I visited my senior doctor. He took another OPG and looking at it seemed very worried. He advised me that I should get my jaw wired. On asking the reason he said it was to set the jaw in place. I got suspicious. After returning home I looked through the internet and talked to friends and relatives. I learned one lesson that I should have taken this step of taking second opinion earlier.

I visited another dental surgeon of my locality and to add to my dismay he said that my pain would never go. The wires which closed my jaw would have to be opened and a plate would have to be put to support the broken jaw. Thereafter, again the wires have to be put back. I was horrified. I visited Max hospital and there I was assured that wires would help in healing the broken jaw.

Another two months were spent in self doubt and pain. I survived only on liquids as nothing else could pass through those wires. Ultimately, I got so used to that uncomfortable situation that I dreaded getting that wire cut on the stipulated date. How strange is human brain! I was in a worst situation but still I got solace in that situation.
QQ
W
Now after so many months, I am able to eat almost everything but still scared of trying harder foods. You will wonder why I am sharing my experience as it may be very irrelevant for many people. While I was going through this horrible phase of my life I noticed that though such cases are not new around us but very few of us have time to share these experiences with others so that others can also benefit from them. My wish is that I could share my experience with others so that they could avoid the mistakes I made.


Comments

Trending-

हर दिए का दिन आता है

Most Women With Small Income Are Likely to Become Entrepreneurs | Women Business

Why Should You Keep Karva Chauth Fast?

Panic Attacks: Strategies To Cope When Panic Strikes

Is it Not a Best time to Start your YouTube Channel!

How wishes come true?

Delhi getting colder

Do You Wish To Settle Your Children Abroad or Stay With You?