Parenting : Why doesn't my child eat?

Now a days, we have this huge epidemic of 'children refusing to eat' in almost every house which can very well afford to give the best to their children.

This is not a scenario in your house or my house, be assured every mom of your child's friends would be complaining exactly what you or I do.

Bringing up two children, I realized that this may vary from children to children depending on the eating habits of the household that they belong to but many a times we ignore our ignorance and continue with our poor knowledge of child or in a way human eating psychology before filling their plates.

Here, I share a small excerpt from my kids handling, which I realized after so many years how dangerous it was while feeding my toddlers :-

'Finish fast or you'll be late for school.'

I gulped down hearing her on my head. I felt like throwing up. My tummy was gurgling or doing
something like that but mom would not believe me.

'Why can't you take smaller bites?' she shouted. I looked at her face, puzzled. Didn't she just order me to be fast? How am I supposed to be fast if I don't push this muddy looking porridge down my throat. Anyway, she was not looking at me so I understood that she was talking out of sheer habit of talking and not out of concern for me. 

It was recess time. All my friends got to go to the playground. Everyone took their sandwiches and rolls in hands and off we went to the playground. I had some curry with rice. I couldn't handle it. My lunch box was full to the brim.  If I tried to have even half of this lunch, I possibly could not do till the evening so never mind I closed the box.

No lunch even today. 

Off I went to play. At least I wouldn't feel hungry while playing because that lunch was too much for me to finish and mom would anyway say 'WHY DIDN'T YOU FINISH YOUR LUNCH TODAY ALSO?' and then she would be busy in whatever she would have been doing.

See, I told you. Didn't I? 'Show me your tiffin?' 'Yet again' 'Why?' 'I cooked for you five in the morning just to see this? That you don't eat? ' I won't give you food tomorrow' and again she goes...

I haven't even changed properly and again. ' Have your lunch!' she placed a place full of SO MUCH food in front of me. I was hungry but I didn't feel like eating.

She started pleading. Then, she resorted to threatening me with all the consequences. I felt like never to eat again. I wanted peace but my mom never understands. I wanted to relax to eat.

Finally, she switched on my favorite cartoon on television and just to keep her quiet I pretended to eating slowly.

Oh, she started stuffing my mouth, thinking that I was starving. Yes, I agree I was hungry but I wouldn't eat. I hate eating like this. I wanted to run.


I will be glad to know your child feeding experience and motivators.Please do share.


Comments

Trending-

हर दिए का दिन आता है

Most Women With Small Income Are Likely to Become Entrepreneurs | Women Business

Why Should You Keep Karva Chauth Fast?

Panic Attacks: Strategies To Cope When Panic Strikes

Is it Not a Best time to Start your YouTube Channel!

How wishes come true?

Delhi getting colder

Do You Wish To Settle Your Children Abroad or Stay With You?