Reading habits

What is life without colors? Books are an exception.
They can be colorful without colors.
'Mom,these are for you.' my ten year old brought two thick Harry Potter series for me. I was flabbergasted. 

'Soooooo thick books!' 

I always encouraged book reading in my house or so I thought. In fact, my house is a mini library or sort of. 

I was myself a bookworm type of a kid ever since I knew myself but I was more like Alice in wonderland. I love pictures in a book. No dull words please! 

Reading books without pictures makes me sleepy and that too thick novels like these? No way!

Anyhow, I can't bubble out my thoughts when my kids are so enthusiastic about bringing those all hyped books for me. I show delight.

They want a commitment that I would read these - from beginning till end. I feel like - No Way! but I just smile in a non committal way.

Now, the task. 

Each day, my darling kids ask me,'Mom,have you read the books?''How did you like them.' 'Just tell me the story please' and she put her head on my lap, forcing me to read from those thick covers.

I started or I tried to start, whichever is appropriate.

Here goes...one page...two pages...three pages...that's it! enough! I can't take it any longer with a book which has not pictures. Come on, I accept it.

Cajoling my kids, I offer to show them its movie and here goes my laptop...googling OO

Comments

Trending-

हर दिए का दिन आता है

Most Women With Small Income Are Likely to Become Entrepreneurs | Women Business

Why Should You Keep Karva Chauth Fast?

Panic Attacks: Strategies To Cope When Panic Strikes

Is it Not a Best time to Start your YouTube Channel!

How wishes come true?

Delhi getting colder

Do You Wish To Settle Your Children Abroad or Stay With You?